[KIST High School Summer Neuroscience Camp 2017]
This is a 2-week Summer neuroscience camp program for high school students designed to introduce neuroscience and its related techniques.
If you or your acquaintances are interested in this program, please fill out the application form on the applying site.
After receiving applications, we will select maximum 10 students based on the application. Deadline is 9. July.
The details about the program are following. Thank you.
- Date: 24. July. 2017 – 4. Aug. 2017 (for 2 weeks, 9 am - 6 pm)
- Location: KIST L7224 Justin's lab
- Applicant: High school students
- Principal investigator: C. Justin Lee
- Organizer: Min-Ho Nam (email@example.com)
- Tel: 02) 958-6421
- Web site: http://glia.kist.re.kr
## Program ##
1) Transformation using E. coli
2) DNA amplification by mini-prep & PCR
3) Confirmation by electrophoresis
1) Expression test by Western blot
3. Ion channel
1) Electrophysiology: ion channel current recording in single cell
2) Ca2+ imaging
1) Histology; Immunohistochemistry
2) Electrophysiology: whole-cell patch-clamp recording in brain slice
1) Learning and memory: Passive avoidance test
2) Motor behavior: Rotarod test